If you are just starting a capsule wardrobe, a mini capsule wardrobe provides just enough pieces so you can learn how it works. By working with just a few pieces, it is easy to see how the pieces can mix and match to create several outfits. This is a “mini” capsule wardrobe, which has fewer pieces than a capsule wardrobe for a season. You can add additional tops, bottoms and shoes from your closet to have even more outfits! In this post, I am showing how to style 10 pieces using gray as the accent color.
- “Gray” is used as an accent color. Even though gray is a neutral, in the right combination it can actually become an accent color! The gray pieces in this capsule are the gray sweater, gray marl sweater, gray coat and the gray plaid scarf. All the other pieces in this capsule are classic and timeless pieces in neutral colors, which in the best-selling capsule wardrobe collection, Simplified Style®: The Dressy & Casual Year-Round Capsule Wardrobe.
- “Black” is the base color of this capsule – When creating a capsule wardrobe, I recommend using either black or navy as your base color to make your capsule cohesive.
Use The Mini Capsule For Travel
Since there are only 10 pieces in this capsule, it is great for traveling! Wear one of the outfits, then pack the rest in your suitcase. If you need to wash anything while you are traveling, I recommend carrying a small bottle of detergent with you. You can use the hotel sink to wash any of the pieces, then hang to dry, ready to wear the next day! You can wear the sweaters twice before washing or pack a couple of long sleeve tees to wear underneath the sweaters.
How To Expand This Mini Capsule
If you use this mini capsule and enjoy wearing it, you can expand it for even more outfits to last throughout the season and for multiple seasons! Since most of these pieces are used in the Simplified Style®: The Dressy & Casual Year-Round Capsule Wardrobe, you can use the Simplified Style® capsule collection for the entire year in your closet! Simplified Style® includes the classic and timeless pieces that are known to be wardrobe staples that have been in style for years and will be around for years to come. The classic and timeless pieces in Simplified Style® makes over 400+ outfits to wear in all seasons of the year. All 400+ outfits are included in the capsule collection, as well as wardrobe plans for each season, dressy and casual outfit calendars (so you always know what to wear), convenient shopping links and more!
All the pieces in this Gray Mini Winter Capsule Wardrobe are from my own winter 2022 capsule wardrobe. I personally have all these pieces in my closet, love wearing them and recommend them to you all!
- Gray Crewneck Sweater – My sweater is from J. Crew and is cashmere. You could certainly substitute a cotton or wool blend sweater in a v-neck, depending on which material and style you prefer.
- Ivory Turtleneck Sweater – I bought this sweater last year and loved wearing it, so I was glad to see it is back again this year! It is a cotton-cashmere blend and is so soft. Sizes are limited, so here is a similar style sweater.
- Gray Marl Sweater – This sweater is at Target and is only $30! It is a cotton/spandex blend.
- Gray Wool Coat – A button-up wool coat is a classic and timeless piece for your winter wardrobe. It looks great with all your outfits whether casual, dressy or even athleisure!
- Black Puffer Coat – I recently replaced my Bernardo puffer coat with this new Bernardo one. This new one is just a tad longer than my previous coat. This coat also has Ecoplume insulation is lightweight and keeps you warm. See me wearing this coat here in this post.
- Black Ponte Leggings – These leggings are thicker than regular leggings and since they are not as tight as regular leggings, they look like skinny pants.
- Blue Slim-Straight Jeans – Want the look of a straight jean, but love the shape of skinny jeans? Slim-straight jeans are best of both worlds: a relaxed jean that is slim at the top with a larger leg opening at hem.
- Black Wash Slim-Straight Jeans – This is the same AG Mari jeans as above, but in a black wash.
- Black Chelsea Boots – I have had this style of boots in my closet for a few years and replaced my original pair last year with these.
- Veja Campo Sneakers – I bought the suede logo sneaker last year and wore them so much for several seasons. I bought the black logo style and look forward to wearing these all winter! Being that they are leather sneakers, they keep my feet toasty warm and are comfortable to walk in all day. These sneakers are priced a little higher than regular sneakers but in my opinion they are worth it, especially when you look at cost per wear (I have worn them A LOT).
Shop The Capsule Pieces:
Accessories For This Capsule
Here are a few outfit combinations you can make from this mini capsule wardrobe…
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Thank you for visiting the Classy Yet Trendy blog!
A Bit Of Inspiration For Your Day:
“For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” – Hebrews 4:12